Punctuality is the characteristic of being able to complete a required task or fulfill an obligation before or at a previously designated time. Punctuality is the most important thing in any person’s life who wish to become successful and win the glory. Being punctual is the first step of ladder of success. Punctuality has more significance other then success. One thing that you can not recycle is the wasted time.
Quiet truth about being not punctual is rarely heard but certainly it deserves to be heard. If your are not punctual you may face certain things like:
- You will not be reliable in other’s eyes.
- You will be thought of being selfish because you do not realize the importance of people’s precious time by not being on time.
- You are thought to be rude and deprived of all consideration and respect for other person as well as for the commitment you made.
If a person is not punctual then definitely all the things discussed above are the part of person’s personality. Having these things in life is a very big drawback for the person.
Being punctual will allow you to live a life full of peace and felicity. Some of the advantages of being on time are as following:
- Punctual person is always and everywhere experience the gaiety of being respected.
- He is always appreciated for his punctuality.
- He is thought to be trustworthy.
- He proves that he respect himself enough to keep his words.
- He is thought to be reliable.
- Doing and completing task at right time will eliminate stress and anxiety.
- Also it gives felicity and joy.
- The person is attracted by others.
- The person enjoys the satisfaction of self-mastery and enhanced confidence.
Here are some tips to be punctual:
- If you face the problem of lateness then quit the rationalizations and take full responsibility for the problem. When you take responsibility of any thing, you will then definitely go for an attempt.
- Make your mind to define punctuality as a matter of integrity. This is a good way to get motivation in overcoming the problem.
- Wake up immediately when your alarm rings. Do not give yourself a chance to renegotiate yourself to sleep. This happens when you have not taken enough sleep. Be on bed 6 hours before your alarm time.
- Set a list of your priorities and realize yourself again and again how badly you need to be punctual.
- Note that how much time is required for each listed task.
- Use a timer or timing device. It will be a great help.
- Be stony-hearted with your to-do list.
- Make yourself ready before time and regarding your tasks, be on time.
- Keep your things in set places so that in time of need they are readily available.
- The most important of all is that you need to be determined. Determination plays central role in achieving any specified goal.
- Consider again and again the benefits of being punctual. It will enhance your motivation and determination.
- Think of the time you wasted and learn from the big mistake you did.
- If you have to arrive some place then try to be there 15 minutes early the given time.
For more general tips keep on visiting Tips.PK.